By: Maya K.
We have all gotten nervous before. You start to freak out and panic. It’s a normal reaction to things that may stress you out. The most important thing to do when you are stressed out and out of your normal mindset, is to calm down and refresh yourself. Here are the best and most effective ways to get rid of those nerves.
- Go for a walk and remember that there are better things to focus on. Your walk should be about 15 to 30 minutes. Make sure you walk in a peaceful and calm area.
- Remove yourself from the area. Sometimes, a place you are in can trigger how you are feeling, which can cause more stress and breakdowns. Leave the room, and move to a different place.
- Deep Breaths. Choose a breathing pattern that you find makes a difference with your nerves. For example, breathe in for 5, hold for 4, breathe out for 6, and hold again for 3.
- 5,4,3,2,1. This is an exercise that stimulates all five senses. FIve things you can see, four things you can touch, three things you can hear, two things you can smell, and one thing you can taste.
- Drink a glass of cold water. Water refreshes your body, and flushes out toxins. This can also help you wake up more.
- Listen to your favourite songs. Not only will this calm you down, but it can also improve your mood a lot.
- Watch your favourite movie. This is a great way to keep your mind off what is causing you issues for a little bit.
- Hang out with friends. This is one of the most important things you can do, because your friends can help the way you are feeling, dramatically.
- Taking a bath or shower. If you are at your house, and have the time, taking a bath or shower is a great way to relieve yourself from unnecessary stress.
If you use these methods when you are starting to freak out, or have any stress, it will make quite a difference in the way you are feeling.