By Rebekah C
This recipe is great for hot sunny days. The ice cream adds a nice cold touch while still being able to add the element of baking. “This is one of my favourite dessert recipes. It’s tasty and easy to make,” Says Vicky Li.
– Cake Batter (any flavor), plus ingredients to make the batter
– 18-24 flat-bottomed (cake style) ice cream cones
– Ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare your normal cake batter. Set aside.
- Cover a muffin tin with aluminum foil. Using a skewer, poke holes in the foil where the muffin cups are.
- With your fingers, open the holes slightly, and place 1 ice cream cone in the center of each muffin cup.
- Fill each ice cream cone with 2 Tbsp. of batter. Do not fill the batter all the way to the top, or the ice cream cones may fall.
- Bake the ice cream cone cupcakes 20-30 minutes.
- Let the ice cream cone cupcakes cool.
- When the ice cream cone cupcakes are cooled and ready to serve, put a scoop of ice cream on each cone. Sprinkles or decorations can be added.