By Rebekah C
Watermelon Lemonade is a nice twist on normal lemonade. It’s great for a quick, easy snack on hot days. This recipe will only take 15 minutes and all the ingredients are available at any ordinary supermarket.
This recipe will make 6 cups (Can serve up to 12 people)
½ Cup White Sugar
½ Cup Water
4 Cups Cubed Watermelon
3 Cups Cold Water
½ Cup Lemon Juice
6 Cups Ice Cubes
- Cut 4 cups of watermelon into cubes and put it in the blender. Blend the watermelon until it’s smooth enough to strain.
- Pour the watermelon puree over the strainer to remove any big pieces.
- Boil a ½ cup of water with a ½ cup of white sugar in a saucepan. Over a medium-high heat, the sugar will dissolve in approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan and add in 3 cups of cold water.
- Cut the lemons in half and squeeze a ½ cup of lemon juice into the mixture (Lemon juicer may be needed).
- Pour the ice cubes evenly into 12 drinking glasses.
- Take the watermelon puree and split between the 12 glasses.
- Take the lemonade and pour it over the watermelon, filling it to the brim.
- Stir before drinking the lemonade. Lemon slices may be added on top of the drink for decoration.