By: Krishna K.
Scottish Shortbread (bake time approx. 45 mins.) Ingredients:
- 2 cups butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 cups flour
- Colored icing pens (can be found in the baking section of a grocery store)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a baking pan
- Cream the butter and sugar. Gradually add flour. Mix well.
- Flatten the dough with a rolling pin. The dough should be in a sheet. You can use cookie cutters to make shapes or, just roll the dough into balls.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cookies are a golden brown.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and wait for them to cool down. Ice the cookies and serve.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Ingredients:
- ¾ cup boiled water
- ¼ cup milk (optional, adds creaminess)
- 3 tablespoons hot chocolate powder
- 3 candy canes
- Whipped cream
- Pour boiled water into a mug and add chocolate powder.
- Put hot chocolate powder into the mug and add two crushed candy canes.
- If you want add milk to the mug.
- Add whipped cream and sprinkle 1 crushed candy cane on top. Serve.